Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls



For nearly 15 years, I have made peanut butter balls for my oldest brother in law. I haven't been such a great "sister" these past couple times that we have visited them. We've had two children, and sometimes, I get distracted. This tin, is the same tin that I have always used, when I bring him his favorite, homemade candy. I have told him many times, if he wants more, I need the tin back.

If you would like to make these yummy treats, here is the recipe that I use. These are approximate measurements, because over the years, I have misplaced the original. I can now tell if I need to add more sugar, just from the texture.

Peanut Butter Balls

1 small jar of CHEAP (off brand) peanut butter
1 box of confectioners sugar
1 package of meltable chocolate

Empty contents of peanut butter jar into mixer.

Slowly add the powdered sugar. The mixture will get increasingly harder for the mixer to turn, so you'll need to stop, and knead by hand.

Once the mixture is crumbly, and you can form in to balls, you've added enough sugar. (just about the entire box) Set the peanut balls into the fridge to set firm. (about 30 minutes)


While waiting, get your chocolate ready for dipping.  


Roll balls in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool. 


Enjoy. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I will surely try this recipe. The only other one I've seen calls for parafin wax and I kept wondering why I would want to eat wax. LOL

    ReplyDelete