Monday, December 17, 2012

It Was Like A Vacation....

As I sit here at my desk, looking over the list of things that I need to catch up on, while waiting for my coffee to brew, and still wearing my pajamas, I can't help but feel as tho I am returning to work.

You see, for the past two weeks I have been out of town working. An opportunity came up for me to be able to earn some extra Christmas cash, so, I pounced. (In this economy, I'd have been crazy not to!)

For the past two weeks, I woke between 6:30 and 7:00am. I was showered, dressed, and out the door by 7:45. I stopped on my way to grab a cup of convenience store coffee and cranked up the Christmas tunes, to help lift my spirits. I worked, for the last week, outside, in rain, wind and cold. Yes, really. I honestly was chilled to my bones, some of those days. I kept my eye on the prize and pushed on. I dealt with unpleasant people and people that just warmed my heart. Some of these people that I encountered honestly made me feel like a princess. They would put up my tent, add walls to said tent in the rain, and even bring me a small space heater, to try to help keep me warm. (the heater wasn't the best, but it helped, and the thought behind it warmed me on the inside)

All of it, in the "normal" sense of events, was work. I was clocked in, clocked out, ate lunch, and received a paycheck. It was work, in every sense of the word.

For two weeks, "work" was my life. I was out of town, so my children were not with me. They were being cared for by their Daddy, and my Mom.

I missed them.

Terribly.

Today, as I sit here typing this out, waiting for my coffee to finish brewing, and still wearing my pajamas at 8:30am, I feel as tho all of that, was a vacation.

As I sit here looking over bills that need to be paid, appointments that need to be made, or cancelled, and the ever growing list of the things I must do before Christmas, I just can't help but feel like 2 weeks of "no responsibilities", was really a vacation.

With that being said, I will gladly take my responsibilities as a stay at home, homeschooling mom, over being a working mom, anyday. :)

Off to read some Christmas stories to my sweet little fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment